Sunday, June 15, 2014

Reflect, Refresh, Restart

This past week was my 30th birthday and in the necessary nostalgic and reflective mood that comes with a milestone birthday, I subconsciously found my way back to this blog. I was blessed with having some very dear friends join in throughout the week for various celebratory experiences. One of those dear friends that came to Chicago from California, Daniel Hoffmann, is also the person I mention in my very first blog posting. It has been nearly 10 years  since Daniel and I set out on our Euro adventure and his friendship and our travels were and continue to be life defining. We sat in my kitchen this past Tuesday night drinking wine, eating homemade chicken and dumpling soup (a dish I wish forever associate with the Hoffmann family for no logical reason) and read through our blogs. It was such a joy to bring forward those memories, reflect on who we were and where are find ourselves on this journey of life, and wonder what comes next. In looking back, it is apparent that my blogging fits are synonymous with adventure. However, in reflecting on what I've learned about myself throughout and in between all those adventures, I do know that I enjoy writing. It is time that forces me to be quiet and slow down, something that gets away from me more often than not. In an attempt to channel the self that found solitude at the base of a mountain in the middle of Austria and who spent hours upon hours reflecting on my experiences somewhere in the middle of Morocco, I'm back to blogging.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole. I'm so happy you are writing again! We miss you here in St Louis. Hope you are well.
Michelle